Teachers can create canned messages to students based on certain criteria using Intelligent Agents. The information below describes how to locate and setup these automated messages.
- First, tap Course Admin from the top navbar.
- Next, select Intelligent Agents (this will be in the Communication section when in Category view).
- As a result, the Agent List will appear.
- Now tap the New button to create a message and insert criteria for when it is sent to your student.
- Begin by inserting a name for this agent in the Agent Name field.
- Next, type details about your agent by selecting the Edit Description drop-down and then insert text in the Description.
- By default the Agent is enabled box is checked. To change the status of this agent so that it does not automatically run, simply remove the checkbox. You can save and return to this agent as needed until all criteria is set.
- If you would like the agent to run based on student Login Activity, enable Take action when the following login criteria are satisfied by placing a check in the box. Then select the appropriate options and set the number of days in the text field to complete the criteria.
- If you would like the agent to run based on student Course Activity, enable Take action when the following course activity criteria are satisfied by placing a check in the box. Then select the appropriate options and set the number of days in the text field to complete the criteria.
- If you would like to start the agent when specified conditions are met, tap Create and Attach under Release Conditions. Use the pop-up box to choose your criteria and then tap the Create button.
Note: To set multiple conditions, simply select the Create and Attach button again. To apply these settings to all conditions, ensure that "All conditions must be met" is selected from the To access this item, users must satisfy drop-down field.
- Use the Send an Email section to create the template to be utilized when sending the email. First, check the Send an email when the criteria are satisfied box.
- Next, include email addresses if desired in the To, Cc and Bcc fields.
- Then insert text within the Subject field.
- Now, type a message that is applicable using the Message area.
- Finally, use the Attachments section to include a file if applicable.
- First, tap to check the Use Schedule box.
- Next, tap the Update Schedule button to set the dates and frequency.
- At this point, use the Repeats drop-down to select how often the message should be sent.
- Next, choose the number of days it should repeat using the Repeats Every drop-down.
- Then select a date if the agent Has a Start Date and/or Has an End Date.
- Finally, tap the Update button to apply the changes.
When all changes have been made, tap the Save and Close button.