If you do not have a Michigan Virtual course, you will need to set up your Grade Book. In the Grades tool, if a grade book is not set up or imported for your course, you will see the Grades Setup Wizard page when you first navigate to the tool.
- First, tap Grades from the top navbar.
- Next, tap the Setup Wizard tab under the top navbar, scroll to the bottom of the page and then tap Start.
- At this point, choose your grading system and then press Continue.
- Now, choose how the final grade should be released and then press Continue.
Note: If an instructor changes the final grade value after the final grade is automatically released, the final grade is not released again with the new value. This might occur if an instructor grades an additional item that changes the calculated final grade item. Student final grades that already have a value are not automatically released when this variable is turned on. The grades are only released the first time a Final Grade is calculated from Null to a final grade value.
- Next, choose how you want to treat ungraded items and then press Continue.
Note: If you selected Automatically release final grade, D2L recommends that you select Drop ungraded items so that the released grades better reflect the users' current grades throughout the term. If you want final grades to automatically adjust after changing a grade item or calculation option, select Automatically keep final grade updated.
- Then choose your default grade scheme and then press Continue.
- Next, enter the number of decimal places to display to users who enter grades using the grade book and then press Continue.
- Now, select your learner view display options and then press Continue.
- At this time, the Grades Setup Summary page will be displayed. Review your selections, if you need to make changes to your grade book setup, click Go Back. If all selections are correct, tap Finish.