When creating a Quiz, you can choose to import from your question library. Before you select this option, you must setup the library following the steps outlined below.
Step 1. Navigate to the Quizzes Tool
- First, tap the Quizzes option from the top navbar.
- Next, select the Question Library tab.
Step 2. Set Up Section (optional)
This optional step includes the process for organizing a set of questions together with the use of sections.
- Begin by tapping the New button and then select Section from the drop-down options.
- Next, give the section a title.
- Check the box next to Hide Section Title from Students if you want to prevent students from seeing the section title.
- Now, use Section Text to add a description of the questions that are included in the section.
Note: You can also hide the section text from students by clicking on the Hide Section Text from Students checkbox.
- Next, check the Shuffle questions in this section checkbox if you want to have students view the questions in the section in a shuffled order.
- Finally, click Save when you have completed the Section information.
Step 3. Add Questions to the Question Library
- If you want to add questions directly to an existing section click on the section title.
- To create a new question, tap the Add button.
- To modify an existing question, tap the drop-down next to the question title and choose Edit.
- If you want to add a question to the library itself without adding it to a specific section, click the “New” button and select the proper question type from the available options.
- Based on the question type selected, complete the required fields and click one of the three save options:
- Choose Save to save the question and view the current quiz questions.
- Click on the down arrow to the right of the Save button and choose Save and New if you want to save the current question and start a new question.
- Click on the down arrow to the right of the Save button and choose Save and Copy if you want to save the current question and use a copy of the question as your starting point for the next question.
- If you want to move an existing question into a Section of the Question Library, put a checkmark to the left of the question(s), then click Move from the table heading and select the section you want the questions moved to.