There could come a time when a teacher wishes to create a discussion topic that is specific to one or a couple of the sections, but not all sections. Brightspace does allow a discussion board topic to be restricted by section(s).
- First, tap Discussions in the top navbar.
- Then tap on the drop-down arrow next to the desired topic and select Edit Topic.
- Next, tap the Restrictions tab and then scroll down to the Group and Section Restrictions section.
- At this point, tap to insert a check Restrict this topic to the following groups and sections checkbox and then click on the Add Groups and Sections button.
- Next, select the Sections that you want to be able to view the Discussion Section and then select Add.
- Finally, tap the Save and Close button to apply your changes.
Return to Discussion Topics.