Whole School site administrators and teachers have the ability to enroll users from a course. Instructions below will provide details to perform this action within the Brightspace Learning Management System (LMS).
To remove users from a course, see Unenroll Users.
To enroll users into one course with multiple sections, see Enroll Users into Multiple Sections.
Step 1. Create CSV File for Import
- First, create a CSV file, using the Import Template, with the following rows of user information. Each user will have their own row.
- COLUMN A: Enter your school prefix (obtain this from your Michigan Virtual contact), followed by a dash, then the student ID. Example: NHS-98983 (ensure you do not have any spaces)
- COLUMN B: First name
- COLUMN C: Last name
- COLUMN D: Enter the word Student if this is a student user or the word Teacher if this is a teacher.
- Next, save information as a CSV file.
- Proceed to Step 2. Import New Users (below).
Step 2. Import Users
- Begin by navigating to your Brightspace course and then selecting Course Admin from the top navbar.
- Next, tap Classlist within the Learner management section.
- Then tap Import users from a file on your computer from the Add Participants drop-down button.
- Next, tap the Choose File button, browse to the saved file location and then select Open.
- At this point, tap the Import button to proceed.
- Review the list of users that have been enrolled successfully and then tap the Done button to exit.
NOTE: There will be an error message displayed, please disregard this error as it is simply an indicator that a user was not created from the header row.
Finally, check your course roster to ensure all users have been enrolled successfully.
Step 3. Check the Course Roster
- First, tap Course Admin from the top navbar.
- Next, tap Classlist within the Learner Management section.
- Then review the Classlist table containing a list of users with access to your course.